Tandoori chicken, summer slaw and yoghurt dressing
Jam-packed with flavour, this summery recipe is ideal for spicing up family dinners.
- 1whole chicken
- 35gtikka paste
- 65gGreek style yoghurt
- 6crushed cardamom pods
- 2 tspsmoked paprika
- 4tortilla wraps
For the slaw:
- 135gcrisp green cabbage
- 135gfresh fennel
- 40gsalad onions
- 10gfresh parsley
- 1lime, juice and zest
- 20mlsesame oil
- 120gGreek style yoghurt
- 10gfresh mint
- Spatchcock the chicken: Place the chicken breast side down on your board and use the scissors to remove the backbone, cutting down each side of the spine, turn the chicken over and score the flesh all over. Open out, remove the wing tips and ankles and then press firmly to flatten. Alternatively you can ask your butcher for a spatchcock chicken.
- Place all the marinade ingredients in a large bowl and mix together. Add the chicken and massage the marinade into the meat, cover and leave overnight.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and place on your baking sheet, put into the oven at 200C for 10 minutes then reduce the heat to 170C, cooking for a further 20 to 30 minutes.
- Once the chicken start to blacken slightly, remove from the oven, check the juices run clear when the thigh is pierced with a skewer, and then leave to stand for a few minutes.
- Place all the slaw ingredients in a large bowl and mix well, season to taste.
- Place the yoghurt and mint in a bowl and mix to combine, seasoning if needed. Place the wraps in your oven or in a frying pan over a high heat for a few seconds to lightly colour them, remove and cut into quarters.
- To serve: Cut the chicken into quarters and place a portion on the plate, along with four pieces of wrap and a portion of the slaw. Finish with a serving of the yoghurt.