St Clement's bread and butter pudding
A classic winter warmer with a twist of citrus curd.
- 1 ltr milk
- 100ml double cream
- 5 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla flavour
- 14 bread slices
- 70g butter
- 150g NT St Clements curd
- 75g caster sugar
- 30g demerara sugar
- Place the milk, cream, eggs and vanilla flavour in a large bowl and whisk until combined.
- Lay out the slices of bread and spread each thinly with the curd, cut into triangles.
- Lay the triangles in a oven proof dish. Try to keep the point upwards.
- Sprinkle over the caster sugar.
- Pour the custard mixture over the bread slices trying to make sure each piece of bread soaks up the mixture and leave to soak for 30 minutes.
- Place in oven at 170°C and cook for 35-45 minutes or until set but with a slight wobble.
- Serve with custard.