Have an adventure this May half term
As the weather gets warmer, bring your family to Shugborough to have some exciting explorations this May.
Top 10 things to do at Shugborough at half term
- Have a go at archery by the mill pond at Park Farm
- Say hello to the lambs and calves bounding around in the fields
- Climb up to Hadrian's Arch to see all the work that we have going on (then roll down the really big hill)
- Spot the springtime blooms in the gardens
- Learn about sea-faring adventures in our mansion
- Enjoy time together with a tasty picnic
- Have a go at one of our Conservation in Action activities. There is something going on everyday in May and June.
- Zoom down our zipwire in our play area, Explorer's Wood
- Complete your 50 things to do before you're 11 3/4 pamphlet here at Shugborough; fly a kite, play pooh sticks, make a home for bugs and more
- Treat yourself to something special to remember your day from our shop
Half Term events
Over bank holiday weekend, the Stafford Archers will be here to challenge you to some archery. For £2 a go, you can compete with your family and friends to see who can hit the highest score.
Archery will be by the mill pond on the Sat 25th, Sun 26th and Mon 27th May from 11am - 3pm. Site admissions apply.
Do you have a head for heights? Join The Great Tree Climbing Company and, with the assistance of a harness, climb to the tree tops to enjoy the beautiful views of Shugborough in the height of spring on Tues 28th May.
Please note that The Big Tree Climb event has now sold out.
Take nothing but photographs
Budding photographers can book onto a Beginner's Photography Walk: In Focus. With the guidance of our volunteer expert you will spend the morning familiarising yourself with the basics of photography, and be inspired by the late Lord Lichfield's favourite spots. These special 'in focus' workshops will give you the opportunity to look at some aspects of the estate in more detail. Join us on Sat 1st June to look at foliage in the formal gardens.
Event runs from 11am - 12.30pm for £5. Site admissions apply.