Easter Holidays at Speke Hall
Get back to nature over the Easter holidays and have some fantastic family outdoor adventures in the ancient woodland and grounds of Speke Hall.
If you're looking for fun things to do for the rest of the Easter holidays then join us for Vibrant Victorians (24-29 March and 3-15 April). Be a Victorian nature detective for the day and explore the outdoors, tracking through the grounds and gardens for signs of spring. Can you discover the dinosaur tree?
There's no need to book for this event, just turn up and join in, Normal admission prices apply (free for NT members and children under 5). Activities will vary day by day so please use our event timetable to help plan your visit. Please note that Vibrant Victorians will not be running from 30 March-2 April as we'll be busy with our Cadbury Easter Egg Hunt on those four days.
In addition to the Cadbury Easter Egg Hunt or our Vibrant Victorian event activities, there's always plenty to see and do at Speke for children of all ages. Solve the mystery of the hedge maze, explore the Giant Childe of Hale play trail or let off some steam in our two play areas, including our wonderful woodland play area. If you want to bring a family picnic then there are plenty of places to sit and enjoy it, or you can pop into our restaurant to treat yourself to a tasty lunch, kids box or something from our great range of handmade cakes.
Join us over the Easter weekend (30 March - 2 April) for four days of fabulous Cadbury Easter Egg Hunt fun. Discover hidden mysteries as you search for clues on the Cadbury Easter Egg Hunt and then receive your delicious Cadbury chocolate treat reward. We'll have special options available for anyone who can't have chocolate!
The Cadbury Easter Egg Hunt costs £2 per child which can be paid in cash at the event start point in the Dairy Courtyard, or by card at Reception when you arrive on site. You can't book in advance for this event. Please note that normal admission prices (grounds only or whole property) do apply for this event and you can see them here. Admission is free for National Trust members and children under 5.
If you're not a member, why not consider joining at Speke Hall on the day? Membership options start from just £5.40 a month and our Reception team will be delighted to talk you through what's available. It's great value for money and there's plenty to keep your little ones entertained at Speke Hall, visit after visit.
The Easter weekend is always busy so we've put together a quick FAQ to help you make the most of your day. We hope it’s helpful. If there’s anything else you’d like to ask, fire away!
- It’s running from Fri 30 March – Mon 2 April.
- We open at 10.30am and the event will be running until 4pm. There are no set times and you don’t need to prebook, just turn up and join in.
- The Cadbury Easter Egg Hunt costs £2 per child which can be paid in cash at the event start point in the Dairy Courtyard, or by card at Reception when you arrive on site.
- Normal admission prices do apply for this event and you can see them at bit.ly/2p6IpuT. Entry is always free for National Trust members and children under 5.
- If you’re not a member, why not join while you’re here? It’s great value for money and if you join with us on the day by direct debit then you’ll also get free Cadbury Easter Egg Hunts for all the children in your group, which you can use across the Easter period at all participating properties.
- Due to the recent wet weather, our overflow car park is unusable (we wouldn’t want you to get stuck in it!) and once the main car park is full, we will be operating a one-in, one-out policy. We recommend car sharing wherever possible and you may wish to arrive towards the start of the day or mid-afternoon to avoid the lunchtime peak period
- You are welcome to bring dogs to Speke Hall but please note that as the Egg Hunt goes through areas of the formal gardens where we ask that dogs are not taken, this particular event is not suitable for them. A dog walking guide is available from Reception so please pick one up to find out more about the areas that they are welcome in.
- There’s a covered area outside the restaurant to store your prams and buggies. In order to help us keep the main restaurant easy to navigate, please use this space for your prams and buggies.
- The restaurant will be open with a full menu and you can get hot drinks, sandwiches and cake in the Stable Tea Room. There’ll be a pop-up stall in the Home Farm courtyard serving hot drinks and roast pork sausage & onion barms and the Cheshire Farm ice cream kiosk will also be open for ice cream and hot drinks.
- Down at Home Farm, we’ll have a pop-up shop so pay them a visit to try samples of delicious National Trust jams, curds and marmalades.