Easter fun 2017 on the Sugar Loaf
There's plenty of fun waiting for you at the Sugar Loaf this Easter holiday, get closer to nature and explore the surroundings with a great family adventure.
Cadbury Easter Egg Hunt
Saturday 15 April
Bunny’s been up to his old tricks again and hidden clues on the Sugar Loaf for you to find. Follow a trail through the wonderful St Mary's Vale, tucked beneath the summit of the Sugar Loaf, to discover the answers to some nature themed questions. Weave through the oak and beech trees and once you have completed your hunt sheet a tasty chocolate treat will be waiting for you at the end.
Top tips for arriving
- The hunt will take approx. 1hr for little legs to complete - allow plenty of time, arrive any time before 2pm
- The route will be well signposted to the car park, please take care as access is up a steep, narrow road
- You will be enjoying the glorious countryside so please remember to pack a few essentials to make your day more comfortable
- Bring a waterproof jacket and wellies and any food and drink you might need
- The hunt will be open from 10am, we look forward to seeing you at the starting point
- The hunt costs £2.50 per child, please pay at the marquee on arrival
Wednesday 19 April, 10am - 3pm
If you've enjoyed exploring the Sugar Loaf and St Mary's Vale and want another adventure, why not join us for Wild Wednesday and tick off some of your 50 things to do before your 11 3/4 activities.
As nature springs into life, we will too with an adventure for the whole family. Join our rangers for the chance to get closer to nature with lots of activities including the popular damming a stream, den building and creating some wild art. Have you ever done some soil printing, made leaf art or bark rubbings? Now's your chance.
Just like our Cadbury Easter Egg Hunt you'll be enjoying the great outdoors so you'll need to bring a few essentials with you.
- St Mary's Vale can get muddy - bring your wellies and waterproof, comfortable clothing
- Don't forget to bring a picnic and any drink you need
- The meeting point will be at the lower Llanwenarth car park (SO 271165) which will be signposted
- Wild Wednesday costs £3.00 per child, adults free, booking is essential, check out the events page for more information
Every time you visit you are helping us look after this special place so thank you, and most importantly have a fun-filled time this Easter holiday.