Summer fun at Tintagel Old Post Office
We've got the school holidays sorted at Tintagel Old Post Office. Our exciting summer events programme features a different children's activity every Wednesday. Family trails, garden games and dressing up (weather permitting) are available every day.
This summer, set up a snail race, hunt for bugs, make a home for a wild animal or create wild art all as part of 50 Things to do before you're 11 and 3/4. Don't forget, you can pick up your free 50 Things scrapbook here to start collecting stickers!
Feeling crafty? Then why noy try your hand at the original form of up-cycling in our rag rugging workshop? Deborah Hastings and the rag rug volunteers will show you how to re-use recycled materials to make soft furnishings for the home.
• Wed 2 August, 11am-4pm, Create wild art #18 of 50 Things to do before you’re 11 and 3/4
• Wed 9 August, 11am-4pm, Hunt for bugs/make a home for a wild animal. #31 & #36
• Wed 16 August, 11am-3pm, Rag rug workshop.
• Wed 23 August, 11am-4pm, Plant it, grow it, eat it with Kate the Gardener #41 of 50 Things. £1 per pot.
• Wed 30 August, 11am-4pm, Heraldic scrolls – inspired by the family crest that once sat above the hall fireplace, create your own heraldic coat-of-arms, along with inspirational motto.
NB Normal admission applies for all activities. Please note: there may be a small charge for some materials used in the rag rug workshop.
....And don't forget to bring your camera! The 3rd in-house photography competition is open for entries until Saturday 30 September. This year's theme is 'essence of the Old Post Office'. You may send in as many entries as you like, for free, for a chance of winning a Tintagel Old Post Office-themed prize. Please email your best snaps to email@example.com and we'll send you a terms and conditions sheet.Happy snapping!