Visiting Trerice: what you need to know
We're looking forward to welcoming visitors back to Trerice for local visits. To ensure the safety of our visitors, staff, volunteers and local communities, we've reduced the number of people we can welcome at one time and you’ll need to book your tickets in advance, by 3pm the day before you visit.
In this article you’ll find everything you need to know about what's open and what to expect from your visit.
Arrival and parking
There is free parking within 300 yards. If you are arriving by car, please have your ticket ready to show our staff either on your phone or a printed copy. If you’re a member, you’ll also need to show your membership card. You'll asked to show these through your vehicle window before parking. Those arriving on foot will be checked by a small team of staff who will adhere to social distancing. Please note that the car park will be locked at 5pm daily.
In order to maintain social distancing, please arrive within your timeslot. Your entry will be at the discretion of the property staff and will be based on visitor numbers and the ability to maintain social distancing.
Staying safe at Trerice
To help keep everyone safe, please follow social distancing and government guidance when you visit. And look out for signs while you’re here which will explain any changes to how you can access different parts of the site.
In line with government guidelines you will be required to wear a face covering in all indoor spaces. Please bring one with you.
If you’re showing any of the symptoms of coronavirus, or if you've been in contact with anyone that has the virus in the last 14 days, please don’t visit.
- The garden is open with a one-way system in place.
- The café has reopened and will initially be serving a range of hot and cold drinks, hot and cold snacks and light meals. Our outdoor seating is now also accessible.
- The shop has now reopened, for the safety of staff and visitors, social distancing measures are in place.
- The toilets are open as normal and are sanitised regularly through the day. In line with government guidance, you're required to wear a face covering in most enclosed spaces, unless exempt. This includes the toilet facilities. Please bring one with you.
- The mowhay is currently open and part of the Easter Adventures in Nature trail running until Sunday 18 April.
- Trerice house remains closed.
- The second-hand bookshop and hayloft are closed.
Exploring the garden
Spring has started to arrive in the Trerice garden and it's looking lovely, but it won’t be quite as you’re used to seeing it. We’ve had a limited number of gardeners at the property over the past weeks, while everyone stayed home and stayed safe.
We have a small team in now, but the garden isn't perhaps as well-groomed as you might be expecting. There are some weeds and rough edges; please bear with us as we do what we can as soon as we can, and instead enjoy all the many other pleasures that the garden has to offer.
Bringing your dog
Due to the small nature of the garden at Trerice only assistance dogs are welcome in the garden and house. There are local dog walks at Holywell and Crantock, near Newquay.
- Mobility parking in the main car park. Drop-off point.
- To observe social distancing please note there is a one way system in place
- There is an adapted toilet in the courtyard
- Threre are some steps and steep slopes. There is a map of the accessible route available - please email email@example.com if you'd like more information.
Booking your tickets to visit
How to book
All visitors must book a ticket in advance, including members. Entry and parking is free for members, but please bring your membership card with you. Non-members will need to pay in advance.
- Please book one ticket per person, except for children aged 5 or under as they don’t need a ticket.
- You’ll need to choose a 30-minute arrival time for the day you want to visit.
- The timeslot is for your arrival time only
- Tickets are for your use only and are not available for resale
- We'll send your booking confirmation by email. Please make sure you fill in your correct email address when you book to ensure you receive your confirmation email.
Every Friday we'll release new bookings for visits the following week. You can book up to 18 hours before a timeslot.
Due to limited spaces, we’re asking that you only book once a week to allow others a chance to visit.
Changing your booking
If your plans change and you can’t make your timeslot, you can easily change or cancel your booking. We really appreciate you doing this as soon as possible so the tickets can be made available for other visitors.
If you’re a member, the option to cancel or change your booking can be found in your confirmation email by selecting ‘view and manage your order online' underneath your order summary.
For non-members, please ring us on 0344 249 1895 to discuss changing your booking.
Help support key workers
To say thank you to our nation's key workers and all they have done for us, we're encouraging visitors to keep the first and last slots of each day free for key workers to use. While we are unable to 'reserve' these slots exclusively for key workers, we hope you will join us in thanking them by leaving these times free. If you or someone in your group are a key worker, please take the opportunity to book these early and late timeslots.