Winter explorations for families at Uppark
Don your wellies, dress up warm and get a breath of fresh air this winter at Uppark. Families can run free in the south meadow and the woodland then explore our Victorian tunnels leading to the servants quarters.
Pick up a 50 Things booklet when you arrive and see what winter 'Things' you can tick off. Our woodland walk is perfect for a winter nature walk, while the south meadow is great place to warm up with a running race.
February half-term trail
Saturday 10 - Sunday 18 Feb 10am - 4.30pm
If you’ve been stuck indoors this winter, then February half-term is the perfect opportunity for the whole family to enjoy some time together outdoors.
With Spring nearly upon us, looks out for the first signs of plants and animals getting ready for the warmer weather. Spot, listen and draw on our trail around the grounds.
Don't forget to explore the underground tunnels leading to the Servants Quarters with plenty of things to look out for as you walk round.
Our trails are suitable for all ages, younger children may need help from an adult. Suggested donation £1 per trail.
Warm up in the café
Stop off in our café for a warming drink and a snack. Treat yourselves to a hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows or even a babychino. Design your own lunch with our kids ‘pick and mix’ lunch boxes so you can eat exactly what you want.
Family friendly checklist
- Children under 5 go free.
- Baby-changing facilities in access friendly toilets.
- Pushchairs admitted around the grounds and in all catering outlets, though not in the house due to space restrictions.
- Hip-carrying infant seats available for loan in the house.
- Children’s menu available in the café including a pick’n’mix lunch box; ice creams are available here as well as the Golden Gate Kiosk.
- Highchairs available in the café.
- Picnic spaces around the grounds as well as picnic benches by the entrance.
- Great family gifts and pocket money toys available in the shop.