Family fun this summer
Lots to see and to together as a family; get hands on in the house; explore the garden terraces, look out for bees, play in the woodland and more…
In the House…
- Test your knowledge with the wartime quiz, collect one at the house entrance
- Pull up a chair and type us a message on an typewriter in the Banking Hall
- Sit in the comfy chairs and listen to songs on the radio
- Join in the world record attempt! Help thred all our knitted bunting together, everyone who helps gets a special sticker. Check out the events listing for date
In the gardens…
- Wander to the woodland adventure trail, leap and balance on the logs and hide in the holly bushes – boo!
- Explore inside the Anderson shelter on the sunken lawn, and see what it was like to hide here during an air raid.
- Pick up a 50 things booklet and see how many you can tick off while you are out and about this summer. Our favourite is Geocaching! Follow the trail or use your GPS device to find the hidden boxes out on a country walk. Ask at visitor reception for more details
- Spot the summer wildlife in the gardens - bees soaking up the nectar from the flowers and butterflies fluttering overhead; and fish swimming in the pool. Sit still in the sunshine and see what comes by.
Bring a rug and something to eat or pick up supplies when you are here. Find a perfect spot and relax in the summer sun at Upton, the main lawn and behind the driveway near the woodland trail are the best places.
A nice treat for the summer, choose either locally sourced tubs in the shop; hand scooped ice cream in waffle cones from the tea window and the usual lollies and cones from the restaurant.
This summer come along to one of the big events, lots to do, so round up the family and bring along a picnic to enjoy the day.
Victory Jazz Party
9 July, 7pm
Celebrate victory with us! Bring a picnic and enjoy some classic jazz in the beautiful grounds of Upton House. Enjoy an evening stroll in the gardens and dance the night away. Advanced booking, Adult £15 child £7
1940s Wedding Weekend
6 & 7 August 2016, 11-4pm
Experience the entertainment of a wartime wedding party with live music, dance and costume demonstrations. Meet the bride and groom and even have a taste of their wedding cake!