Big Camp at Winkworth Arboretum
Summer is here and it's the perfect time to relax outdoors with your friends and family. Camp out under the stars in the glorious surroundings of the arboretum and make memories to last a lifetime.
This summer, pitch your tent in our historic hillside arboretum and join us for an evening of family fun, camping amongst the same steep slopes as our collection of more than 1,000 rare shrubs and trees. Watch the sun set over the leafy Surrey Hills for an experience your family will never forget.
Enjoy Winkworth's picturesque landscape in a new light as darkness falls and the sun rises in the morning. Taking place on the weekend of Saturday 14 and Sunday 15 July 2018, you can join us from 3.30pm on Saturday and stay with us overnight until 10am on Sunday morning.
You'll get outside and closer to nature with this exciting traditional camping experience. Go on a bug hunt, huddle round a camp fire, and join an evening bat walk (free for Big Campers) - you might be surprised to hear just how many hidden critters are flying around you.
How to book
See here for further information on how to book your tickets. Tickets for the Big Camp weekend are £35 for adults and £16 for children.
- You’ll be able to access our camping area on Saturday 14 July from 3.30pm to set up your pitch. We ask that all tents are packed up and that the camping area is vacated by 10am on Sunday 15 July.
- Please arrive in our car park and meet us at the kiosk from 3.30pm onwards.
- Full details will be sent in advance of the event, with a camper pack containing instructions and a kit list.
- Please bring your own tent, sleeping bag and roll mat.
- Please dress appropriately for the weather, with warm clothes for the evening.
- Sorry, but no dogs are allowed.
- Children must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times.
- Toilet facilities are a short walk from the camping area. Sorry, shower facilities aren't available.
- This year the campsite will be located closer to facilities including fresh water.
- Our campsite has level ground with good accessibility. Campers are invited to take part in an evening walk, which will include kissing gates and steps.
- The only permitted fire will be our campfire.
- Please do not bring barbecues.