Work at Wordsworth House
Would you like to work at Wordsworth House and Garden in 2017 – or do you know someone who might?
We have a range of part-time staff vacancies to fill, so if you have great people skills and bags of enthusiasm, we'd love to hear from you. We're looking for:
- Membership and visitor welcome assistants to greet and orientate visitors at our ticket desk and help and advise customers in our shop.
- Customer service assistants to work in Georgian costume in our historic kitchen and elsewhere in the house, chatting to visitors, recreating 18th-century recipes and leading school visits.
- Visitor experience assistants to act as duty managers for the property, taking responsibility for every aspect of visitor enjoyment and safety, and looking after their fellow staff and volunteers.
- Catering staff to bake our famous scones and serve and clear in our cosy café.
- Housekeeping staff to ensure that poet William’s bustling childhood home is cleaned and presented to the highest possible standard every day.
Apart from being good with people, you don't need to have any particular skills or knowledge, as we provide full training. Contracts run from mid-February to early November 2017.
You can find out more and apply here. But hurry – applications close on 21 November.