Things to see & do
What to look out for
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
- Going on a hike
- Learning all about fungi and its habitat
- Wrapping up and taking your pooch for an adventure
- Discovering wildlife in their own habitat
- Sleeping under the stars during our Bushcraft Weekend
- Having a well-deserved rest in the new and improved summerhouse
- Snacking on a picnic at the seating area
Love being outdoors? Then '50 Things to do before you're 11 ¾' is the challenge for you! At Allen Banks you can complete a range of tasks by yourself (see the list to the right) and tackle the tricker ones with some help from us (see below).
Book onto one of our events to Camp out in the wild (no. 3), Play in the snow (no. 15), Cook on a camp fire (no. 47), Go on a really long bike ride (no. 11), Build a den (no. 4) and Explore a cave (no. 29).
During your visit you can...
- Climb a tree (no. 1)
- Skim a stone (no. 5)
- Run around in the rain (no. 6)
- Make a mud pie (no. 13)
- Dam a stream (no. 14)
- Make a daisy chain (no. 16)
- Play pooh sticks (no. 19)
- Explore inside a tree (no. 22)
- Hold a scary beast (no. 30)
- Hunt for bugs (no. 31)
- Catch a falling leaf (no. 33)
- Track wild animals (no. 34)
- Make a home for a wild animal (no. 36)
- Bring up a butterfly (no. 38)
- Go bird watching (no. 44)
- Find your way with a map and compass (no. 45)
- Find a geocache (no. 49)