Things to see & do
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
- Soak up the views at Jenkyn's Field
- Take a look inside quirky little Bridge House
- Head up Queen Adelaide’s hill for stunning views over Windermere
- Wander from Windermere to Troutbeck and explore Townend farmhouse
- Relax with a picnic by the lake at Cockshott Point
- Make yourself a wooden spoon at the Footprint
- Marvel at the grand firs of Skelghyll woods
Keen to get outdoors but not sure where, when or how?
We love the places we get to work in within the Lakes and have plenty of ideas for fun and adventure in our valleys, lakes, hills and mountains.
Ambleside and Windermere are great places to explore from:
- Head to Townend, our traditional farmhouse in Troutbeck
- Go green: Jump on a ferry from Waterhead to Wray Castle and receive 10% off admission with this voucher.
- Pop to Grasmere for a cup of tea and slice of cake at Allan Bank's new cafe