Things to see & do
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
- Soak up the views at Jenkyn's Field
- Explore the spring rhododendrons and azaleas at Stagshaw Gardens
- Head up Queen Adelaide’s hill for stunning views over Windermere
- Wander from Windermere to Troutbeck and explore Townend farmhouse
- Relax with a picnic by the lake at Cockshott Point
- Make yourself a wooden spoon at the Footprint
- Marvel at the grand firs of Skelghyll woods
Look out for...
Now the leaves are off the trees our little friend the dipper can be easily seen scouting rivers and streams for insects to eat. Distinguished by its white chest and bobbing motion when it lands on a rock, this bird is a welcome sight.
Take time to...
Visit Dora's Field
William Wordsworth planned to build a house on this land in Rydal but, after the early death of his daughter Dora, he planted the area with native daffodils in her memory. Now known as Dora’s field it's the best place for a springtime wander and renowned for its display of daffodils.
Keen to get outdoors but not sure where, when or how?
We love the places we get to work in within the Lakes and have plenty of ideas for fun and adventure in our valleys, lakes, hills and mountains.