Gift cards: terms and conditions
Our gifts cards are now on sale at all of our shops and replace our existing gift vouchers.
The following terms and conditions apply to our gift cards:
- They can be redeemed at National Trust shops, restaurants or admission points.
- It can also be used towards the cost of National Trust membership or holiday cottages.
- They cannot be used for online or telephone purchases (except telephone holiday cottage bookings). They are not valid against the purchase of more gift cards, virtual gifts or original artworks. Our cards cannot be accepted at certain on-site outlets not operated by the National Trust.
- No change will be given but the balance can be used against future purchases.
- The balance will be updated after each transaction and shown on the printed till receipt.
- They may be exchanged for goods of a higher price than the value on the card on payment of the difference.
- If any product purchased with a gift card is subsequently exchanged for a product of lower price or a refund, any money owing will be issued as a gift card.
- They may not be exchanged for cash.
- They are not a cheque guarantee, credit, debit or charge card.
- The National Trust cannot be held liable for lost or stolen cards – protect this as you would cash.
- Your gift card will expire after 24 months from the date of last use and any remaining balance cancelled on expiry.
- We reserve the right to amend terms and conditions of our gift cards at any time and take appropriate action, including cancellation of a card, if necessary. This does not affect your statutory rights.
Please note: Gift Cards can only be sold and redeemed at our places with Barclaycard PDQ machines - they can’t be used at properties without them. This is usually our very small properties which may not have a shop or restaurant. The main exception to this is Giant’s Causeway. National Trust Gift Cards are not sold and cannot be redeemed at Giant’s Causeway.
If you have any more questions about where to buy or redeem a National Trust gift card, please read our frequently asked questions.