Wild garlic soup
Starters and soups
- Serves: 4
- Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- One large onion
- A knob of butter
- One litre of chicken stock
- One large potato
- One good handful of washed wild garlic leaves
- One spoonful of crème fraiche or double cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pan, melt the butter over a gentle heat.
- Slice the onion and add to the pan.
- Soften the onion, stirring occasionally until soft.
- Peel and chop the potato, then add to the pan along with the chicken stock.
- Turn up the heat, bring to the boil and simmer until the
potato is cooked.
- Remove from the heat, add the wild garlic leaves and purée.
- Season to taste, then serve, finishing with a dollop of