Isle of Wight Association
The Isle of Wight National Trust Association was formed in 1973 and flourishes to this day with around 350 members.
Our aim is to bring together a group of like-minded people to enjoy interesting events in a friendly, social atmosphere. We support local National Trust activities both practically and financially.
What we get up to
Members receive a bi-annual newsletter which includes, as well as articles of interest, the programme of events for the forthcoming season.
The winter programme concentrates on talks on a wide range of topics, the autumn lunch and Christmas buffet. In the summertime, we arrange mainland coach trips to National Trust properties and others of note plus a five day holiday; the annual Strawberry Tea, held in the garden of one of the many Island manor houses, always draws a large party. Walks through the Island countryside are arranged, usually in springtime and autumn.
Membership of the Isle of Wight National Trust Association is open to all who support the activities and aims of the National Trust. Annual Membership is £5 for a single person and £7 for a couple.
Our winter programme of talks takes place at The Riverside Centre, Newport. Some meetings take place in the evening but, as the evenings get darker, they are held in the afternoon. Other events may be at other venues on the Island.
Here is our programme for Winter 2015/16 – why not come along and join us?
- 17th December 2015 - Christmas Buffet & Entertainment, 7pm in the Parish Centre, Newport BOOKING REQUIRED
- 13th January 2016 - Afternoon Talk : “26 Years a Prison Officer” - Brian Colling, 2.15pm at the Riverside Centre, Newport
- 17th February 2016 - Afternoon Talk: “Old Photographs of the Island”,Talk and Quiz by Jill Green 2.15pm at the Riverside Centre, Newport
- 16th March 2016 - Afternoon Talk: “Life as a Beefeater” - Mitch Jones, 2.15pm at the Riverside Centre, Newport
- 13th April 2016 - Evening Talk: “The Ice Cream Blonde Mystery!” - Talk by David Horsley (Portsmouth Coroner) 7.00pm at the Riverside Centre, Newport
- April 2016 - Supper & Quiz - Details to be announced later
Further information is available from Martin Pay on 01983 875611 or by email at email@example.com
Get in touch