Tours to the top of Penshaw Monument
From Good Friday to the end of September, we open the spiral staircase hidden inside one of the Penshaw Monument’s pillars each weekend and bank holiday. It's your opportunity to go up to the rooftop and enjoy the view.
We can only accommodate 5 visitors at a time, so pre-book your tour to the top.
Tours cost £5 per person, free for National Trust members:
- Tours run every 20 minutes, 10am to 4.40pm
- Only 5 visitors will be permitted at any one time
- We advise you to wear sensible clothing and footwear
- Bags/rucksacks must be left at the bottom – National Trust staff will look after them
- Safety equipment issued must be worn
- No persons under 1m tall are permitted onto roof
- Access to rooftop is via a steep spiral staircase and is a dark, enclosed space
- In the event of adverse weather, tours may be cancelled at short notice. Please call 07775 893778 to check
You can book your Tour to the Top on-line by visiting our events page. Alternatively call 0844 249 1895 to book your place.
Booking fee 25p per person. Booking tel open: Monday - Friday 9am-5.30pm, Saturday & Sunday 9am-4pm.