Richmond Association for the National Trust was founded in 1977 and currently has around 340 members in and around the Greater London Borough of Richmond upon Thames, spanning both banks of the river.
Our objectives are to publicise and further the aims of the National Trust, to raise funds in its support and to make membership of the Trust more enjoyable and effective through a programme of events and activities.
We work closely with both our local properties - Ham House and Garden, and Osterley Park and House. Since our inception £117,031 has been raised and donated to National Trust local and national projects.
The Association is independent of the National Trust with an agreed constitution. A committee of officers and members who are elected at our Annual General Meeting conducts our affairs.
We welcome new members, and hope that you would wish to support our fund raising efforts in support of the Trust’s projects. The annual membership rate for the association is: £9 per person -£5 for each additional family member- £6 per person for the retired and over 60s. When joining in January, membership runs until March of the following year and newsletters are published three times a year with our proposed program of events including details and costs.
To join us you must be a member of the National Trust, the National Trust for
Here is our programme of forthcoming events – we hope it will encourage you to join us:
- Thursday 24 September 2015 - Visit to the British Museum, Clocks and Watches collection. Great Russell Street, Bloomsbury, London WC1B 3DG
- 1 - 5 October 2015 - Group 5 day holiday in Cornwall
- Wednesday 14 October 2015 - Lecture on King George III, Queen Charlotte and their local connections at Vestry Hall, Paradise Rd. Richmond
- Saturday 7 November 2015 - Visit to St.Barnabas House, 1 Greek St., Soho, London W1D 4NQ.
- Thursday 19 November 2015 - Visit to Marlborough House, Pall Mall, London SW1Y 5HX
- Saturday 16 January 2016 - Social lunch at All Hallow’s Church Hall, Erncroft Way, Twickenham TW1 1EW
- Saturday 13 February 2016 - Social lunch at All Hallow’s Church Hall, Erncroft Way, Twickenham TW1 1EW
- Saturday 19 March 2016 - Social lunch at All Hallow’s Church Hall, Erncroft Way, Twickenham TW1 1EW