Our objectives are to promote and prosper the work of the National Trust both nationally and in the London and South East area and to promote social activities to make membership more enjoyable. We have just changed our Constitution so you no longer have to be a member of the National Trust or an affiliated organisation or the holder of a National Trust Volunteer Card to join the London Centre. Our members come from all over London and the surrounding areas.
As you will see from the programme, our main activities are visits by public transport to places of interest in and around London; coach trips to National Trust and other properties and an annual holiday. We also arrange fortnightly rambles (normally no more than six miles and often with an opportunity to break away early).
Our main fundraising comes from the surplus arising from events and this enables us to contribute annually to national and regional appeals.
The annual membership rate for the centre is £10 per person (£8 for each additional member at the same address). There is an additional, one off, joining fee of £10 for those who are not National Trust members or volunteers.
Programmes are sent out to members three times a year and are made up of visits by public transport in the London area; trips by coach or train to National Trust properties and other places of interest further afield; an annual holiday and undemanding rambles.
The visits often include an opportunity to lunch together, so there is plenty of time to socialise then as well as on the coach trips and during the pub lunches on the rambles (which sometimes include a visit to a National Trust property). Coach trips depart from Central London (currently Marylebone Station) usually between 9.15 and 10.15 for a full day visit.
We hold our AGM and Social at the Napier Hall, Hide Place, SW1. This is close to Victoria Station and convenient for our members who come from all over the London Area.
Apart from the annual Social we do not arrange specifically fundraising events but aim to generate a surplus on outings. This, together with donations, enables us to contribute annually to appeals from properties and to national appeals such as Enterprise Neptune.
Below you will find our programme of forthcoming events – we hope it will encourage you to join us.
• 10 February 2016 – Guided tour – V & A Clothworkers’ Conservation Centre
• 11 February 2016 – Ramble – Clapham Common to Wandsworth Town
• 24 February 2016 – Ramble – Roman London
• 25 February 2016 – lunch – The Clink Restaurant
• 8 March 2016 – Guided tour – St Bartholomew the Great
• 9 March 2016 – Ramble – Regent’s Park and Primrose Hill
• 17 March 2016 – Guided tour – Karl Marx Museum & Library
• 23 March 2016 – Ramble – A Docklands Walk
• 6 April 2016 – Ramble – High Barnet to Cockfosters
• 12 April 2016 – Guided tour – The Queen’s Chapel of the Savoy
• 19 April 2016 – Ramble – Greenwich circular
• 4 May 2016 – Ramble – Alperton to Greenford
• 12 May 2016 – Coach Outing – Blenheim Palace
• 19 May 2016 – Ramble – Egham to Runnymede
• 24 May 2016 – Guided tour – Guildhall Library
• 6 June 2016 – Guided tour – Armourers and Brasiers’ Hall
• 7 June 2016 – Guided tour – Winfield House gardens
• 5 July 2016 – Coach outing – Audley End House
• 15 July 2016 – Guided tour – Royal Opera House workshops
• 8 – 12 September 2016 – holiday - Lincoln
Get in touch