We offer fun, challenging, unusual and interesting work experience opportunities at many of our places. They can be a great opportunity for you to learn about work, explore your interests and develop skills for future employment.
We have a central office in Swindon and hundreds of amazing indoor and outdoor places across England, Wales and Northern Ireland. Not all places can offer work experience but you should try to identify which properties you would like to work at and which you can easily travel to.
Type of work
Whatever career interests you, you’re likely to find someone who is doing it for us. We rely on the skills of many different people including wardens, conservators, archaeologists, botanists, accountants, IT specialists, receptionists, solicitors, property managers, policy advisors, builders, architects, cleaners, strategists, administrators, chefs, caterers, retailers, youth and community workers, volunteer co-ordinators, theatre managers, and gardeners.
There are some legal restrictions on what you are allowed to do but even if this is the case you may be observe others.
When applying for work experience think about what skills and knowledge you want to develop.
Length of work experience
If you are at school, most work experience will take place over a week as part of your school’s work experience programme. Some schools now offer extended work experience placements, which may take place 1 or 2 days a week over a period of months. In some cases you can do work experience during school holidays. We will try to cater for different needs but each placement is dealt with individually and we cannot guarantee a placement that suits you.
How to apply for work experience
Please complete the enquiry form as fully as you can, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do what we can to find you a placement, but cannot guarantee that something suitable will be available.
To help us to offer the best possible placements, please:
- Be clear on your enquiry form why you want to have work experience with us, and what you hope to achieve.
- Be open and honest and tell us in good time if you wish to cancel your placement.
- Try your best during your time with us and tell us how we can improve in the future.
In return we will:
- Inform you as soon as we can about potential placements.
- Try to ensure that the placement lives up to your expectations and that you develop the skills you have identified.
- Give you constructive feedback on how you have done.
- Improve future placements based on your comments.
Unfortunately we can’t guarantee to find you a place, but the more information you can provide on the form below, and the more flexible you are, the greater the chances that we’ll be able to help you.