Jack Frost Fruit Curd ice cream from the Vyne
Puddings and cakes
- Serves: 4
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 4 hours and 30 minutes
How Jack Frost ice cream came to the Vyne
One of the visitors to the Vyne in Hampshire gave the café the recipe where they found it simply delicious. Strictly speaking, it’s frozen yoghurt, but it’s so tasty they let it off.
It makes a frosty alternative to Christmas pudding on Christmas day, especially youngsters.
- 1 large pot of creamy Greek style yoghurt
- 1 jar of our fruit curd in the flavour of your choice. You can find this in our shops
- Tip the curd into a bowl and add roughly the same amount, by volume, of yoghurt.
- Stir well and taste. Our fruit curds are very rich so you might want to add a little more yoghurt.
- Tip it into a container with a tightly fitting lid and pop it into the freezer for 3- 6 hours until frozen.
- You will need to bring it out and put it in the fridge for 15 minutes or so before serving to soften. Try adding a couple of teaspoons of mixed spice for a festive twist.