Coughton Court's blackberry cheesecake
Puddings and cakes
- Serves: 8
- Preparation time: 2 hours and 30 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 300g freshly picked blackberries (washed and drained)
- 350ml whipping cream
- 350g full fat cream cheese
- 350g digestive biscuits
- 120g butter (softened)
- 130g caster sugar
- Place a 9 inch flan ring on a flat tray and line with greased greaseproof.
- Place the biscuits into a processor and mix till fine crumbs are achieved.
- Place the crumbed biscuit into a bowl and add the softened butter. With a wooden spoon mix thoroughly.
- Fill the base of the flan ring with the crumb mix pressing down firmly. Place in a refrigerator, for at least an hour, to firm up.
- Heat up a saucepan and add the blackberries and sugar, gently cook them together until the sugar is melted, keeping the fruit as whole as possible. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Place the cream cheese into a bowl and mix until smooth.
- Whisk the cream till it forms soft peaks.
- Carefully fold the cream into the cream cheese using a whisk.
- Gently fold in the blackberries to the cream and cheese mix (the aim is to get a marbled effect, so don’t over mix at this stage).
- Remove the biscuit base from the refrigerator and fill with the blackberry mix.
- Carefully level off the mix and return to the refrigerator for at least a further hour.
- When set remove from the refrigerator, carefully slip off the flan ring and gently remove the greaseproof from the sides of the cheesecake. Cut into portions using a sharp knife dipped in hot water. Decorate with a generous sprig of fresh garden mint.