Puddings and cakes
- Serves: 8
- Preparation time: 4 hours and 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
1 loaf of white bread (day old becoming dry is perfectly fine for this recipe) with crusts cut off and cut into chunky squares
140g brown sugar
¾ pint milk warmed
500g mixed fruit
1 dessert spoon mixed spice
3 medium eggs
- Soak bread in milk for at least 4 hours and preferably overnight.
- When fully soaked, add all other ingredients, mix together well and pour into a greased deep sided roasting tin.
- Bake at 180°C/Gas Mark 4 for approx 1 – 1 ¼ hours until soft but springy to touch.
- Delicious served hot with custard or cold with a cup of tea.