Things to see & do
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Don't forget to...
- See what's in season in our working walled garden
- Take an audio tour of the house
- Relax on the comfy sofas in our second-hand book room
- Visit the Victorian laundry
- Discover our Wilderness Play Area
- Enjoy delicious seasonal food in our restaurant
- Follow us on Twitter
As part of our special partnership with the National Portrait Gallery, we have over 100 18th-century portraits on display. Wander through the beautiful Baroque mansion and see pictures of some of the most fashionable and influential people of the period. Although not all of them will have visited Beningbrough, they will all have been very well known to those who did.
Explore the themes of the portraits further in our interactive galleries upstairs.