Things to see & do
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Don't forget to...
- See what's in season in the working walled garden
- Discover the Wilderness Play Area
- Enjoy delicious seasonal food in the restaurant
- Browse the book shelves in the historic library
- Visit the Victorian laundry
- Uncover the stories of the collection with an audio tour
- Take a bit of Beningbrough home with a gift or souvenir
- Follow us on Twitter or Facebook
In partnership with the National Portrait Gallery, there are over 100 18th-century portraits on display. Wander through the beautiful Baroque mansion and see pictures of some of the most fashionable and influential people of the period.
Explore the themes of the portraits further in the hands-on interactive galleries upstairs, perfect for all the family.
Arriving by bike?
Ask at reception on open days for a voucher for a free cup of tea with another purchase and entry if you just want to stretch your legs. For longer visits normal admission charges apply.
A short ride around the estate
Follow the estate roads and nearby country roads to circumnavigate the northern parkland and village of Newton-on-Ouse for a gentle short bike ride using the car park as a base.
Join a free led Skyride
Part of the national network
Beningbrough is on the Sustrans cycling network and the Way of the Roses route. Take the advantage of the beautiful gardens to stretch your legs and top up your bottles.