This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
One day is never enough. Discover a complete Norfolk estate with something for everyone.
The Blickling Estate is one of Norfolk's top visitor attractions and is just short drive from the county's famous sandy beaches. The estate was once the home of the Boleyn family, and now encompasses nearly 5000 acres, with an impressive Jacobean house, a garden you'll want to try to recreate at home, and parkland perfect for walking. It's a full day out, whether you're on holiday in Norfolk, or you're lucky enough to live here.
The landscape, with its narrow hedges and tree lined lanes, woodlands and red brick buildings is little changed over the centuries. Hire a bike, or grab a map of way-marked walks and head out into the park. Keep your eyes open for lost buildings, stunning views, and the wildlife who call it home. If you want to really stretch your legs, link-up with the Weavers' Way which runs across parts of the estate. On a sunny day, bring a rug, because there's no better place for a picnic.
Explore the house, with its nationally important book collection, and hear the real voices of the servants who once worked 'downstairs'.
Discover the top secret work carried out by the RAF during the Second World War, and find out where they worked, slept and played.
Choose from a variety of family activities. Pick up a quiz, or play hide and seek in the garden. Explore the dry moat, and see the ancient yew hedges. Learn more about Blickling's story as it's brought to life with characters from the past.
Before you go, stop for a pint at the atmospheric Buckinghamshire Arms. Even better, treat yourself to a break in one of the holiday cottages on the estate.
One day just isn’t enough.
Sunday 20 - Monday 21 April
Join us on a Cadbury Easter Egg Trail and search for clues to claim your chocolate Egghead prize.
- £2 per child
- £5 non-members special garden price
Find out more about our great programme of events and activities happening all year round.
Step in to spring
Snowdrops and daffodils
Now is the perfect time to to get outside and spot signs of our garden bursting into life this spring.
Time for fishing
The fishing season is open until 14 March, then again in June.
Base Line Sporting Opportunities are operating segway tours and cycle hire for our visitors this year.
Follow Blicking Estate on Twitter
Planning your day
- Dogs are welcome in the park and Courtyard cafe, but not in the house or formal garden please. Assistance dogs are welcome everywhere.
- Please don't leave your dog in the car. It can get surprisingly warm, even when not sunny.
- Our fields are grazed by livestock throughout the year, so please keep your dog on a lead.
- The main car park is about 300m from the house. Please call ahead if you need to park closer.
- House & garden tours are available most days. Numbers are limited, but tours are free and book-able on the day.
- The house opens for free-flow visiting from noon.
- Last entry to the house is 4pm