This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
One day is never enough. Discover a complete Norfolk estate with something for everyone.
Nobody ever forgets their first sight of Blickling. The breath-taking red-brick mansion and ancient yew hedges sit at the heart of a magnificent garden and historic park in the beautiful Bure meadows.
The story of the estate unfolds over a thousand years. The landscape with its hedges and narrow tree-lined lanes has changed little over the centuries and is quintessentially Norfolk.
Hire a bike or grab a map of way-marked walks and head out into the park. Keep your eyes open for lost buildings, stunning views and wildlife who call it home.
Explore the house, with its nationally important book collection, and hear the real voices of the servants who once worked 'downstairs'.
Blickling’s owners have used the estate as a place of quiet refuge, while playing their part on the world’s political stage. From ambassadors and airmen, to kings’ mistresses, its complex and sometimes tragic family history has been tainted by debt and social ambition.
Blickling has always been a place of pilgrimage and tranquillity. Today, it continues to extend the warmest of welcomes to all who come here.
Looking for something to entertain the children during the holidays?
We'll have plenty to keep you busy this half term. Book on arrival for one of our children's ceramic cleaning workshops (18 & 21 February) or why not try a scavenger hunt or trail in the house and park.
Don't forget to pick up some bargains in the second-hand bookshop where you'll get 10% off purchases over £10 in our winter sale (28 January - 28 February).
Crisp days out
There's nothing more magical than a walk around the estate on a frosty morning, or even better, in snow. Download the estate walk
Enjoy the first signs of snowdrops as well camellias and early daffodils.
Get away from it all, and book yourself a romantic break on the estate, or a fun weekend with friends.
Follow Blicking Estate on Twitter
Planning your day
- Dogs are welcome in the park and Courtyard cafe, but not in the house or formal garden please. Assistance dogs are welcome everywhere.
- Please don't leave your dog in the car. It can get surprisingly warm, even when not sunny.
- Our fields are grazed by livestock throughout the year, so please keep your dog on a lead.
- The main car park is about 300m from the house. Please call ahead if you need to park closer.
- House & garden tours are available most days. Numbers are limited, but tours are free and book-able on the day.
- You can find out if we have any specific maintenance or conservation projects on during your visit by looking at the 'Our work' page.