This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
14th-century moated gatehouse and beautiful gardens
14th-century moated gatehouse, built by John de Haudlo and once part of a fortified manor house, set in gardens. Discover seven centuries of history on one of our guided tours. 2012 marks the 700th birthday of this amazing tower.
Boarstall Tower is open every Wednesday from 2 May to 26 September from 2-5pm. It is also open on 25 and 27 August from 11am to 5pm.
As Boarstall Tower is tenanted, we offer guided tours to allow you to make the most of your visit. To book your guided tour when we are open, please call on 01280 817156 or email us.
700 years of Boarstall Tower
- In 2012 Boarstall Tower celebrated its 700th birthday
- The tower was built in 1312 and is a Grade I listed building
- Boarstall was an important Civil War site, changing hands three times
- Boarstall House was demolished in 1778 by Sir John Aubrey
- Sir John and his wife believed the house had evil spirits
- Find out why by visiting Boarstall Tower and taking one of our tours