Things to see & do
Come and celebrate the coast with us this year and everything that makes it so special. With over 700 miles of coastline in the care of the National Trust for ever, for everyone, why not pay one of these gorgeous coastal places a visit this summer?
We've planned heaps of activities and events to give you and your family the perfect opportunity to get sand between your toes.
Fancy getting more involved? Renowned artist Dr John Cooper Clarke is creating a new poem, the Nation's Ode to the Coast, to celebrate the sea. We’re asking you to help finish it by sharing what the coast means to you using #lovethecoast.
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
- The sweeping views from the top of Brean Down
- Reaching the Palmerston Fort at the tip of the down
- The yummy food in the café
- The crazy mountaineering feral goats who scramble on the cliffs
- The rich variety of birdlife
- Watching the amazing sunsets over the Bristol Channel
- Building a sandcastle
- Checking out crazy creatures in rock pools