Things to see & do
An amazing place for all seasons
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
There's lots to do and discover at Brimham Rocks, from walking, rambling and climbing to photography and bouldering. See our activities page for more ideas and inspiration.
- Enjoy magnificent views over Nidderdale and beyond
- Marvel at the gravity-defying Idol Rock
- Listen out for hooting owls as dusk draws in
- Discover the Dancing bear, the Lounging Turtle and Lizard's Footprint
- Find the nine brass rubbings near some of our most popular rocks
- Perfect for walking, playing in the sunshine.
Pastures and panoramas
Take this trail through the fields around Brimham Rocks and take in breathtaking views of the dales.
Moorland and meadows
Explore the diverse landscape surrounding Brimham Rocks, looking out for natural masterpieces as you go.
What's the weather like?
National Trust have partnered with British Cycling to offer a series of skyrides over the summer. There are a number of rides planned in the beautiful countryside surrounding Brimham Rocks. Rides will be between 6 and 20 miles long, at a moderate pace and ride leaders will be with you to help you on your way. Marvel at the stunning views and rock formations as you follow the routes through the Yorkshire landscape.