Things to see & do
An amazing place for all seasons
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
There's lots to do and discover at Brimham Rocks, from walking, rambling and climbing to photography and bouldering. See our activities page for more ideas and inspiration.
- Enjoy magnificent views over Nidderdale and beyond
- Marvel at the gravity-defying Idol Rock
- Listen out for hooting owls as dusk draws in
- Discover the Dancing bear, the Lounging Turtle and Lizard's Footprint
- Find the nine brass rubbings near some of our most popular rocks
- Perfect for walking, playing in the sunshine.
Pastures and panoramas
Take this trail through the fields around Brimham Rocks and take in breathtaking views of the dales.
Moorland and meadows
Explore the diverse landscape surrounding Brimham Rocks, looking out for natural masterpieces as you go.
This circular route takes you around the Brimham Rocks estate, pointing out the significant rock shapes and their various names as you go.
What's the weather like?
Fantastic family days out
With rocks for clambering on, winding paths for hide and seek and vast stretches of grass and moorland for picnics and games, Brimham Rocks is nature's playground. Whilst you're here, why not try something new? Join in the digital treasure hunt by finding the geocaches hidden all around the estate and tick off some of the 50 things - Brimham Rocks is a great place to climb a tree and create wild art.