Opportunities for your school
From architecture to pond dipping, renewable energy to the Second World War, check out our extensive primary and secondary programme based at the education centre in the heart of Coleshill.
For more information call 01793 762209 or email us
River studies on the River Cole
Discover how the river restoration project has impacted old meanders and flood meadows.
- Undertake map work
- Safe access for field work - flow rates, profiles, field sketches and river dipping
- Compare and contrast the restored river and the mill leat
- Half day course
Secrets and spies
Experience a whole day preparing to go underground as Britain's secret Resistance, who trained at Coleshill during the Second World War.
Investigate codes, identify the traitor, find the ammo box and visit the underground Operational Base.
Camouflage and secrecy obligatory...
The organic vegetable plots
A guided activity trail around Coleshill Organics.
Learn the principles of organic farming, get your hands dirty in the soil, bug hunt for beneficial insects.
- Plot the gardens, learn how a box scheme works. Taste and test produce
- Consider the environmental impact of food distribution and estimate food miles
The water mill
Visit a working water mill.
Children's activities include using hand mill, interpretation and worksheets, willow weaving and dragon fly art.
This is a popular choice as an afternoon's activity following River Studies in the morning for primary schools.
Half day course.
Dairy and arable farms
Explore the links between food and farming on a dairy and arable farm.
Meet the animals and discover what they eat and how they live. Follow the milk trail.
Compare inputs and outputs.
Compare conventional and organic systems of farming.
Half day course.
Park and woodlands
Meet the trees in the park and woodlands. How healthy, how old and how high?
Habitats and who lives here and what evidence can we find.
Seed gathering sessions in autumn.
The Great Barn
Materials and structures.
- Discover why and how this 13th-century monastic barn was built
- Use models to reconstruct the joints
- Estimate and measure the proportions of the barn
- Big Barn Art
Orienteering at Badbury Woods
Orienteering using British Orienteering Federation designed maps, compasses, control points and punch cards.
The children pictured here are taking part in a team work den-building course.
White Horse Hill
Directed activities exploring history and habitats including education for sustainable development.
New information pack available.
Explore the potential for renewable energy from wind, water and the sun.
Design your own course
Want something completely unique for your pupils?
Why not chat to our education officer to dream up a course meeting your special requirements?
From drama workshops to arts and crafts exhibitions, we can help you create a truly unforgettable day for your school or group.
Essential information for teachers
- Gallery space for exhibitions of artwork generated from visits to the estate
- Covered area available for picnic lunches
- No admission charges for Education Group Members
- Free preliminary visits for teachers
- Education officer to assist with visit planning
- Teacher's information pack with worksheets
'I just wanted to say how amazingly fantastic today's trip was. I feel the class has got SO much out of their experience today. I know the adults that came along were certainly impressed! Please extend this thanks to your wonderful team who I know must have put in lots of work in preparing the tasks and activities.' Teacher, Years 5 and 6