Things to see & do
A dream of slumbering beauty...
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
The grounds are open every day
- Download our park walk and enjoy a riverside stroll. Collect our bird spotter sheets for the Spinney and the parkland on your way in.
- Look around the house at your own pace and discover the stories of the Victorian Lucy family and their ancestors (closed Wednesdays).
- Explore the Victorian kitchen, brewhouse and laundry and reflect on the Lucy servants' tough lives.
- You're always welcome to bring a picnic to enjoy by the river - everyone knows sandwiches taste better outdoors!
The grounds, Orangery tea room and shop are open 7 days a week.
Walks and talks
There are just-turn-up talks and tours by our volunteers in the house and around the park nearly every day. They're all free and there's no need to book.
Introductory talks and park walks start outside the gatehouse, and the costume talks are in the great hall (house closed Wednesdays).
Our Visitor Reception staff will let you know what's happening on your way in - we can't guarantee that volunteers are available every day.
The mown grassy paths in the parkland are flat but we'd recommend sturdy footwear.
- Book ahead for beeswax workshops on 8 September - take home candles and cosmetics that you've made yourself.
- Our early autumn events are open for booking - join us for behind-the-scenes deer walks and Hidden Charlecote tours.
- Discover some of the hidden treasures of our Library with our books talks in November and December.
- Start ticking things off your 50 things to do... list - collect your booklet on your way in.
- Make a den and get closer to nature in the spinney behind the stables.
- Find out about the Victorian lives of the Lucy family and their servants in the house and outbuildings.
- Enjoy the space and fresh air whatever the weather.
- Wild about wildlife? What will you spot in the parkland and along the river?
Open from 10.30am every day. Free wi-fi available.
Our Servants' Hall and Pantry shops stock our award-winning Charlecote venison, hogget and honey. Don't forget our second-hand bookshop too.