Things to see & do
A dream of slumbering beauty...
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
- Enjoy a fresh-air walk around the parkland away from the central heating - we'll be welcoming new lambs soon.
- Explore the house and look for the hidden Cuddly Critters in the school holidays.
- Browse for Mothering Sunday gifts in the Servants’ Hall shop.
- Stroll round the gardens, enjoy our new bulbs, hellebores and flowering shrubs.
- Treat yourself to a hot drink and cake or tasty soup in the Orangery restaurant.
Walks and talks
There are just-turn-up talks and tours in the house and park nearly every day.
We rely on our hardy volunteers to host these talks - do phone ahead on the day of your visit if you want to know whether they are happening.
At the moment we'd recommend wellies or sturdy boots if you're heading out into the rather squelchy parkland.
Check back for the dates of our popular Heronry Viewing days taking place in April.