Things to see & do
A dream of slumbering beauty...
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
The grounds are open every day
- Download our park walk and enjoy a riverside stroll. Collect our bird spotter sheets for the Spinney and the parkland on your way in.
- Look around the house at your own pace and discover the stories of the Victorian Lucy family and their ancestors (closed Wednesdays).
- Explore the Victorian kitchen, brewhouse and laundry and reflect on the Lucy servants' tough lives.
- You're always welcome to bring a picnic to enjoy by the river - everyone knows sandwiches taste better outdoors!
Our volunteer photographer shares early autumn delights at Charlecote in her latest blog.
Walks and talks
There are just-turn-up talks and tours by our volunteers in the house and around the park nearly every day. They're all free and there's no need to book.
Introductory talks and park walks start outside the gatehouse, and the costume talks are in the great hall (house closed Wednesdays).
Our Visitor Reception staff will let you know what's happening on your way in - we can't guarantee that volunteers are available every day.
The mown grassy paths in the parkland are flat but we'd recommend sturdy footwear.
- Our autumn events are open for booking now. Our Deer at Dusk walks are always popular.
- Discover some of the hidden treasures of our Library with our books talks in November (2 December fully booked).
- We're checking Father Christmas's diary and will be launching our Christmas events soon.
Don't delay - some dates are now sold out. Call 01789 470277.
- Start ticking things off your 50 things to do... list - collect your booklet on your way in.
- Make a den and get closer to nature in the spinney behind the stables.
- Find out about the Victorian lives of the Lucy family and their servants in the house and outbuildings.
- Come along for Pumpkin Trails during October half-term.
- Wild about wildlife? What will you spot in the parkland and along the river?
Open from 10.30am every day. Free wi-fi available.
Our Servants' Hall and Pantry shops stock our award-winning Charlecote venison, hogget and honey. Don't forget our second-hand bookshop too.