Things to see & do
A dream of slumbering beauty...
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
We're open every day
- Download our park walk and enjoy the tranquillity of our parkland.
- Look around the house at your own pace and discover the stories of the Victorian Lucy family and their ancestors (closed Wednesdays).
- Explore the Victorian kitchen, brewhouse and laundry and reflect on their servants' tough life.
- You're always welcome to bring a picnic to enjoy by the river - everyone knows sandwiches taste better outdoors!
The park, gardens, Orangery tea room and shop are open 7 days a week.
Walks and talks
There are just-turn-up talks and tours by our volunteers in the house and around the park nearly every day. They're all free and there's no need to book.
Introductory talks and park walks start outside the gatehouse, and the costume talks are in the great hall (house closed Wednesdays).
Our Visitor Reception staff will let you know what's happening on your way in - we can't guarantee that volunteers are available every day.
The mown grassy paths in the parkland are flat but we'd recommend sturdy footwear.
- For a different perspective, book for a tree-climbing session with the Big Tree Climbing Company on 27 May.
- Join us for rag rug workshops on 29 May - expert crafter Debbie Hastings will be demonstrating this traditional skill and chatting to visitors all day.
- See Charlecote in a new light with the bat walk on 12 June and encounter these special mammals in our rather beautiful setting.
- Check our events page to book ahead for fawn walks and evening tours of the gardens.
- Tick things off your 50 things to do... list - join us from 23-25 May for extra 50 Things activities.
- Make a den and get closer to nature in the spinney behind the stables.
- Find out about the Victorian lives of the Lucy family and their servants in the house and outbuildings.
- Come along for our Teddy Bears' Picnic
- Enjoy the space and fresh air whatever the weather.
- There's always wildlife to spot in the parkland and along the river.
Open from 10.30am every day. Free wi-fi available.
Our Servants' Hall and Pantry shops stock our award-winning Charlecote venison, hogget and honey. You'll find the best of the National Trust ranges and local produce here. Don't forget our second-hand bookshop too.