Things to see & do
A dream of slumbering beauty...
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Christmas is coming...
- Join us for music, crafts and storytelling each December weekend before Christmas.
- See the house decorated for Christmas each weekend and help cook traditional treats in the Victorian kitchen.
- Browse for Christmas gifts and treats in the Servants’ Hall shop.
- If you'd rather get away from it all though, come and kick through fallen leaves in the parkland and look for wildlife and our fallow deer.
Walks and talks
There are just-turn-up talks and tours in the house and around the park nearly every day.
Introductory talks are outside the gatehouse and costume talks are in the great hall. They're free and there's no need to book. Visitor Reception staff will let you know what's happening on your way in.
The mown grassy paths in the parkland are flat but we'd recommend sturdy footwear now that the weather has turned wetter.
Father Christmas is now fully booked.
Christmas activities include music on the Cedar Lawn, storytelling in the woodland, decorating our Christmas trees in the gatehouse, mulled wine and beer tasting in the brewery - there's lots to make your Christmas merry this year.
We're planning some exciting behind-the-scenes events for 2015 - keep checking and book ahead as they always sell out.
- Tick things off your 50 things to do... list - fly a kite, catch a falling leaf, play conkers...
- Find out about the Victorian lives of the Lucy family and their servants in the house and outbuildings and how they celebrated Christmas.
- Enjoy the space and fresh air whatever the weather. There's always wildlife to spot in the parkland and along the river.
Come in to the Orangery restaurant for tasty meals made from our own venison, pork and lamb. What could be nicer than a hot drink and cake or a bowl of warming soup after a walk in the park?
Open from 10.30am every day. Free wi-fi available.
Our Servants' Hall and Pantry shops stock our award-winning Charlecote venison, hogget and honey. You'll find lots of Christmas gift ideas for everyone here too.