Things to see & do
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
- Newly acquired wood blocks by Bewick’s most talented apprentice
- Enjoy panoramic picnics or stroll down to the river Tyne for a paddle
- ‘Folk in the Farmyard’, first Sunday of the month, May to October
- Buy prints from original Bewick engravings, plus other gifts and books
- Meet our friendly hens pecking about outside the birthplace cottage
- Print press demos bring alive this intricate craft every Sunday
Discover one of the world's best collections of Bewick woodblocks, prints and books at the Tyne Valley farmstead where he picked up his passion for nature and country life.
Only a few miles away from Cherryburn near the village of Wylam is the birthplace of another talented Tyne Valley man, George Stephenson. Why not visit on the same day for a lovely walk, tiny museum and delightful cafe.