Family fun at Chirk Castle
Chirk Castle is the ideal place to visit- whether you're looking for an action packed adventure or a relaxing day out.
• Explore the Adams Tower and pledge your allegiance to England or Wales
• Challenge the children to find the furry wolf cubs in the family home
• Roll down grassy banks in the garden and then explore the woodland walk.
From Dragon Quest to our medieval weekends, there's so much going on for families of all ages.
We've a packed calendar of events throughout the year, so your visit to Chirk Castle will always be special.
There are always family games and tracker packs to borrow. So why not enhance your visit with a late afternoon game of rounders or cricket?
- Baby-changing facilities at Home Farm and in the castle courtyard
- Dedicated undercover pushchair parking at the castle
- Facilities for heating baby food in the tea-room
- Highchairs available in the tea-room
- Try our children's lunch packs
- Courtyard shop with children's toys and pocket money treats
- Dressing up rooms in the Adams tower and family home
- Giant chess and jenga in the garden
Activity ideas for little ones
- Explore the family home and see how many wolf cubs you can find
- Wander through the garden and look for a favourite flower
- Say hello to the medieval guard
Activity ideas for five to 12-year-olds
- Meet the medieval guards and take part in pike drill
- Build your own natural home in our den building area
- Discover the family home with a children's trail leaflet
Activity ideas for teenagers
- Keep your eyes peeled for wildlife on our woodland walk
- Have a family game of giant chess in the garden
- Find out how the medieval guards used weapons to defend the fortress