This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Chirk Castle sits alongside the Llangollen canal World Heritage Site. Designated by UNESCO in 2009, the canal celebrates Thomas Telfords great engineering achievement and safeguards 11 miles of canal and industrial heritage. With access to the breathtaking Pontcysyllte and Chirk aqueducts and atmospheric 'darkie' tunnel being just 10 minutes from the castle, combining a trip to both makes a fabulous day out.
- Free coach parking
- 15% discounted entry
- Free entry for tour leader and driver
- Refreshment voucher for tour leader and driver
- Coach drop off by castle entrance
- On board welcome
- Free outside introductory tour
- Pre-booked function rooms available
- Special pre-booked groups menu
- Bookable special interest tours
- Arrive & on board welcome
- Morning coffee (additional charge)
- Outside introduction tour
- Medieval Adam Tower and dungeon
- State rooms (from 12 noon)
- Lunch can be bought from the tea room
- Afternoon tea (additional charge)
- Home farm and shops
As well as our daily tea-room offer, we can offer some delicious pre-booked catering offers suitable for large or small groups. Please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org for a full menu.
In the height of summer Chirk Castle is a lovely place to visit, and with so much to do there's plenty here to keep you occupied for a whole day.
The gardens will be full of colour, and a wonderful place to walk and picnic, but if it gets to warm there's always the shaded Pleasure Ground Wood to explore.
The 500 acre estate offers plenty of space to explore, whether on foot or bike.
In the summer our event programme is full of outdoor activities both on weekends and weekdays - there's always something happening at Chirk Castle.
Special interest tours
Special interest tour prices
Our special interest tours cost an additional £15 per person.
Famous for his Victorian gothic interiors, this tour looks at the work of Pugin from 1842 to 1852...
Head gardener tour
Enjoy a guided tour of with our knowledgeable head gardener.
Enjoy a guided walk with our Head Ranger around the historic 18th-century parkland.