Eating & shopping
The Bothy tea-room
The Bothy serves imaginative, freshly made food, and is the inspiration of mother and daughter partnership Penny and Sam. Sam has been running the tea-room for the past six years, with her mother developing many of the recipes and assisting with cooking.
The Bothy came out top in a recent National Trust scoring for quality of food in Wales.
Fresh and local
Coronation Chicken - an old favourite beautifully presented.
Local cheeses - try them with a local beer or cider.
Our scones are baked daily - just the thing after a walk round the garden.
Our selection of cakes changes daily, and there are always at least eight to choose from.
Local ingredients with a twist
Gambas en ajillo
Warm pear salad
Courgette and lime cake
More to tempt you
- Polish cake - chocolate biscuit cake to an old family recipe
- Pembrokeshire apple cake, served warm
- Mackerel and prawn salads in season
- Gluten-free Caribbean slice - coconut, dried fruit and chocolate
- Grilled goat's cheese, hot new potato salad and more
- Traybakes - cinnamon flapjacks and oaty date crumble slice
- Flan of the day with homemade spicy apple chutney
Contented cake eaters at the Bothy
The Bothy tea-room is a hidden gem of a tea-room with a great selection of unusual cakes and afternoon delights; quite often there is something new and tempting to try. The cream teas are a mouthwatering treat and there are some gluten free specials too. You will often catch the locals making repeat visits working their way through the scrumptious tea-time menu.