Eating & shopping
The Bothy tea-room
The Bothy serves imaginative, freshly made food, and is the inspiration of mother and daughter partnership Penny and Sam. Sam has been running the tea-room for the past six years, with her mother developing many of the recipes and assisting with cooking.
The Bothy came out top in a recent National Trust scoring for quality of food in Wales.
Fresh and local
Coronation Chicken - an old favourite beautifully presented.
Local cheeses - try them with a local beer or cider.
Our scones are baked daily - just the thing after a walk round the garden.
Our selection of cakes changes daily, and there are always at least eight to choose from.
Local ingredients with a twist
Gambas en ajillo
Warm pear salad
Courgette and lime cake
More to tempt you
- Polish cake - chocolate biscuit cake to an old family recipe
- Pembrokeshire apple cake, served warm
- Mackerel and prawn salads in season
- Gluten-free Caribbean slice - coconut, dried fruit and chocolate
- Grilled goat's cheese, hot new potato salad and more
- Traybakes - cinnamon flapjacks and oaty date crumble slice
- Flan of the day with homemade spicy apple chutney