Things to see & do
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Don't forget to...
- Look for the storyteller's chair in the labyrinth
- Get close to nature in the wildlife hide
- Call into the tea-rooms for a freshly made scone
- Explore the Pinetum and meet Douglas, our green man carving
- Pop into the orchard house to see colourful tulips
- Treat your loved ones to a beautiful gift from our shop
- Hug a tree, we have all sizes, including some of the tallest in the country
- Visit the Owl Suite of 1884 built for royal visitors
- Wander over the iconic Iron Bridge
- Explore tunnels and pathways in the rhododendron labyrinth
Explore over 1000 acres of beautiful gardens, rugged woodland and tranquil lakes. From gentle strolls along the varied paths throughout Cragside, to challenging walks taking you through the heart of Cragside, you’ll find a perfect walk to suit all abilities.
Download one of our walking routes before you visit to discover your own perfect place to escape.
Meet our staff
Meet the staff and volunteers from Cragside that featured in the ITV series, ' Inside the National Trust', earlier this year.
• Katherine Foggon, house steward
• Andrew Sawyer, conservation officer
• Ray Kirkup, Cragside minibus driver
• Ginny Snooks, room guide and cooking interpreter