This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
An old family home with a modern twist...
Enchanted wooded parkland, sweeping gardens and a house with a surprise, Dudmaston is something unexpected in the Shropshire countryside. A much loved home for over 875 years you will find the family rooms scattered with photos and perhaps an odd pair of shoes or two peeping out from under a table. The unexpected galleries create a total contrast, with their formal, crisp lines. They were designed by the last owner, Rachel, Lady Labouchere, to house her and her husband’s differing modern and traditional collections of art for the visitor to peruse.
The gardens provide amazing vistas and tranquillity while the orchard is the perfect place to relax and for the children to let off steam. For more stunning views and getting up close to nature head to Big Pool and Dingle woods, while the wider estate provides extensive walking routes for year round enjoyment.
Dudmaston Hall is the family home of Mr and Mrs Mark Hamilton-Russell.
• Meander through the Dingle and compare views past and present.
• Take a stroll around Big Pool for uninterrupted views of the Hall.
• Collect the gardener’s diary from outside the stable block and enjoy all the beauty that the garden has to offer in our top 10 trail.
• Find out what’s in season in our Kitchen Garden and try it for yourself in our tea-room.
• Take a seat in the oak room and browse the family photo album
• Enjoy a travel through the Hall with the Labouchere’s on their diplomatic journey.
Re-awakening and re-opening
There has been lots happening during our winter closed period 2014/15; A new visual art and sound installation 'Unheard Voices' by Catherine Bertola, reminds us of the past and present workers who have and do keep this estate alive. In the Dingle the timber extraction plan is well under way, returning the area to its less densely planted original feel, as it was planned over 200 years ago. This has opened up some wonderful historic views which we hope you will really enjoy.
Join us in 2015 and spot the changes.
Join the conversation
Join us for Cadbury Easter Egg Trails
Join us during the Easter holidays and have an adventure around our garden on a Cadbury Easter Egg Trail. For more information go to our events page.