Volunteering here is a great way to meet people and learn new skills in beautiful surroundings.
'Volunteers are involved at Dunham in lots of different ways. Our visitors are met by volunteers in the house, garden, park and shop, and behind the scenes volunteers play a key role in looking after our collection and green spaces. We even have a dedicated team of beekeepers who give their time to look after our bee colonies!'
'What I find most inspiring about our volunteers is their love for Dunham. Their passion, knowledge and enthusiasm for Dunham Massey is infectious, and by sharing what they know they help more and more people feel part of our heritage'.
Charlotte Smithson, Volunteer Development Manager
We are currently looking for:
Practical Garden Volunteers
Garden Tour Guides
Please complete the registration form (including which of the roles you're interested in) and email it to Charlotte. For more information about what our volunteer roles involve please see 'Dunham volunteer roles' above.
Please note that due to the high volume of enquiries about volunteering we may not be able to reply if you apply for a role we don’t have vacancies for. We are unable to take students on work experience placements.
This year our volunteers have been:
- Researching the history of people who lived on the estate for 'Dunham Stories'
- Helping school children learn more about the Stamford Hospital with our FWW programme
- Deep cleaning the house while it was closed for the winter
- Attending talks and lectures as part of their exclusive training and events programme ‘A Ma Puissance’
- Welcoming lots of lovely visitors at the new visitor centre