This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Walks and trails
Explore the wildlife and habitats at Dunstable Downs by following one of our trails. Take a gentle stroll along our multi-user path or download one of our longer walks.
- The Downs are open all year so you can come in every season.
- 73.3ha of Dunstable and Whipsnade Downs is designated SSSI.
- SSSI stands for a Site of Special Scientific Interest.
- Look for a variety of butterflies thoughout the summer months.
- See our events page for our up and coming activities and guided walks.
What can you see?
Our Countryside team updates the sightings board at the Chilterns Gateway Centre regularly. There is a sightings book inside the centre where you can record your own sightings or you can email them to us.