Things to see & do
Explore the coast
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
With the backdrop of Dunstanburgh Castle, this fine sandy beach is one of the most spectacular in England. It's popular for paddling and gives some good surf conditions.
- Quiet beaches for walks, sandcastles and surfing
- Wildlife haven for seabirds, shorebirds and wildfowl
- All-ability path to an easy access bird-viewing hide
- Long history of fishing, farming and military defence
- Newton Point coastal lookout holiday cottage with far-reaching views
- Risemoor holiday cottage one minute from the beach