We are a group of about 400 National Trust Members who meet once a month in Whetstone for lectures.
Barnet National Trust Association was formed in 1979 for local members of the National Trust to meet like minded people and get more from their membership. We are a friendly group who have now opened up our membership to those who are not National Trust members.
We have a monthly lecture programme as well as day outings, an annual 5 day holiday, a quiz, lunches, coffee mornings and other events. Our members also receive 3 newsletters a year, by email or post.
We welcome new members and we are always interested in recruiting people who would like to help with the organisation of our programme.
The annual membership is £8 plus £6 for additional family members at the same address.
Our lectures are held on the third Tuesday of each month from January to November (No meeting August) and the second Tuesday in December, at 7.45pm in St Mary Magdalen Church Hall, Athenaeum Road, Whetstone, N20 9AE (just off Whetstone High Street and near bus routes)
Here is our programme of forthcoming events – we hope it will encourage you to join us.
- January 19th 2016: Lecture - Treasures of the Tower of London by Garry Wykes, Retired Jewel House Warden
- February 16th 2016: Lecture - Exciting Wildlife Photography, on your doorstep and around the world by Tom Way, Wildlife Photographer
- March 15th 2016: Lecture - Coram’s Children – The Story of the Foundling Hospital by Jane King, a Trustee of the Coram Foundation
- April 19th 2016: Lecture - NT Lecture, Bateman’s – The house, gardens and Rudyard Kipling by Gary Enstone, House Manager
- May 17th 2016: Lecture - History of the Essoldo Cinemas by Sylvia Adler
- June 21st 2016: Lecture - The Ferguson Gang by Anna Hutton North, author
- July 19th 2016: Lecture - Aspects of St Petersberg – Tsars and Commissars by Major Paul Whittle, Travel Lecturer
- August: Lecture - NO MEETING
- September 20th 2016: Lecture- Experiences and Adventures Abroad Part 2 by Pam Wright followed by Cheese and Wine
- October 18th 2016: Lecture - 150 Years of John Lewis by Gavin Henderson
- November 15th 2016: Lecture - Great Fire of London 1666 (350th anniversary) by John Neal, London Blue Badge Guide
- December 13th 2016: (Second Tuesday) AGM followed by “A Merry Little Christmas” Entertainment by Lynn Rednege
Get in touch
To find out more please contact our Membership Secretary Csilla Szekeres on 07588 536222 or Jane Skinner on 020 8211 3926, email: email@example.com