Gift cards: terms and conditions
Our gift cards are on sale in our shops, the National Trust online shop and in larger Sainsbury’s stores.
The following terms and conditions apply to our gift cards:
- Gift cards can be redeemed at most National Trust properties (in England, Wales and Northern Ireland), in our shops, cafés and admission points or used towards membership fees. They can also be used for National Trust holiday cottage telephone bookings.
- Gift cards cannot be used for other telephone purchases or any online purchases.
- Gift cards are not valid against the purchase of more gift cards, virtual gifts or original artworks. Our cards cannot be accepted at certain on-site outlets not operated by the National Trust.
- If you do not spend the entire amount on the gift card the remaining balance will be updated after each purchase and shown on your printed receipt. The balance can be used against future purchases.
- Gift cards can be used as part payment for a transaction with the balance being paid by another accepted method.
- If any product purchased with a gift card is subsequently exchanged for a product of lower price or a refund, any money owing will be issued as a gift card.
- Gift cards cannot be exchanged for cash.
- The gift card is not a cheque guarantee, credit, debit or charge card. The National Trust cannot be held liable for lost or stolen cards – please protect them as you would cash.
- Your gift card will expire 24 months after the date of issue and any remaining balance cancelled on expiry. We reserve the right to amend terms and conditions of our gift cards at any time and take appropriate action, including cancellation of a card, if necessary, in return for an appropriate refund.
- Nothing in these terms affect your rights at law (for instance, under the Consumer Rights Act 2015). Please see the Citizens Advice website at citizensadvice.org.uk for more details.
Please note: Gift cards can only be sold and redeemed at our places with Barclaycard payment machines - they can’t be used at properties without them. This is usually our very small properties which may not have a shop or restaurant. The main exceptions to this are Giant’s Causeway, St Michael’s Mount, Porth y Swnt - Aberdaron shop & Waddesdon Manor where gift cards cannot be redeemed or purchased. If you are planning a visit to spend your gift card you may like to contact the property to be certain gift cards can be accepted.
If you have any more questions about where to buy or redeem a National Trust gift card, please read our frequently asked questions.