Hotels with history
A warm welcome followed by exceptional hospitality, comfort and cuisine are what you can expect from a visit to our three historic house hotels. Whether you're looking for a romantic weekend away or a fabulous location for a family celebration, or perhaps you just fancy a little spa pampering, a stay at one of our hotels won't disappoint. Plus, every booking helps us look after these special places.
Enjoy fine dining, a delicious Sunday lunch or our famed traditional afternoon teas. Take a walk around the magnificent gardens and parkland of any one of the hotels and complete your visit with a spot of pampering in the spa.
Take a break from the winter chill in the comfort of one of our Historic House Hotels. The winter break offer includes a stay for two people with breakfast, three course dinner and use of the spa with one £25 voucher towards treatments of products.
- Bodysgallen Hall & Spa (North Wales) Tel: +44 (0)1492 584466
- Hartwell House & Spa (Near Aylesbury) Tel: +44 (0)1296 747444
- Middlethorpe Hall & Spa (York) Tel: +44 (0) 1904 641241
Bodysgallen Hall and Spa, North Wales
Bodysgallen Hall and Spa in North Wales, is the perfect way to combine the stunning scenery of Snowdonia with a truly luxurious hotel experience.
Hartwell House and Spa, Aylesbury
Hartwell House and Spa is located just an hour from London, a perfect weekend escape from the city.
Middlethorpe Hall and Spa, York
Middlethorpe Hall and Spa in York is a great way to experience a luxury spa retreat while only being a stone's throw from the historic city of York.
Why stay in a historic house hotel?
- Three of Britain's finest country-house hotels have been donated to the National Trust
- Celebrating 25 years of AA and Michelin awards for excellence, including 4 Red Stars and 3 Rosettes
- 'The epitome of country-house hotels' - Country Life
- Truly beautiful houses set in stunning gardens and parks, with sumptuous health spas to pamper you
- Ideal base to explore our houses, gardens and open spaces
Historic House Hotels was founded in 1979 to acquire and rescue run-down country houses, restore them and convert them into historically accurate, yet contemporary hotels. In 2008, they were given to us in order to ensure their long-term protection.
Seasonal breaks are available all year round - please contact the hotel of your choice for more information.
Every booking benefits the National Trust. All hotel profits are donated to the charity.