Things to see & do
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Formby offers a great range of events and activities throughout the year. Have a look to find out what's going on this month.
- Investigate the beach for prehistoric footprints
- Follow the Red Squirrel Walk and count how many you see!
- Watch wading birds on the shoreline
- Keep your eyes peeled for a dune tiger beetle
- Support a centuries old tradition; buy a bunch of Formby Asparagus from nearby Larkhill Farm
- Tick off some of the '50 Things to do before you're 11 ¾'
- Tweet us about your day! @NTFormby
Open plan classrooms
Book a trip, come and explore our woodlands, dunes and beach in the company of one of our Learning Guides.
We offer guided walks and activities for KS 1, 2 & 3.
Listen & learn
Try our audio guide of Formby to hear the fascinating story of the ever-changing coastline.
Handsets are available to hire from our entrance kiosk.
Forget the gym, keep fit and enjoy the outdoors! Take our popular military style work out session with Ozonefit.
Visit the Ozonefit website for more details.