Andrew Crosse is undoubtedly the most well-known inhabitant of the house that previously stood on this estate in Broomfield.
Sadly, the house was almost completely destroyed by fire in 1894. This picture gives you an idea of what it would have looked like during its heyday.
- We can now see just a fraction of Fyne Court's former glory
- Fyne's Andrew Crosse lived in the house between 1784 and 1855
- Crosse died in the same room that he was born in, 71 years earlier
- He was known by locals as the Wizard of Broomfield
- Some of his scientific experiments were conducted in the music hall, a building that survived the fire