North Helford coast & countryside
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Sheltered coves, rockpools and lovely woods
- Relics of the Second World War on the cliffs and beaches
- Strands of eel-grass growing on the riverbed or washed up on beaches
- Fishing boats and sailor's yachts coming and going
- Mawnan Old Church with its floral decorations and lovely views
- Evergreen oak woodlands at Mawnan Old Church
- A range of wildflowers, especially at Rosemullion head
- Local gig rowing teams training and racing in the river
- Sheltered valleys with bluebells and Cornish gardens
Making the most of the area
Step out on a coastal walk
Where to park
Places to stay
At low tide there are lots of rockpools of different sizes and shapes to explore at Nansidwell beach (SW791284).
If you look into rockpools in the sheltered waters of the Helford river you'll spot all sorts of wildlife.