Full lake cruises
Experience the true majesty of Coniston Water, sailing the entire length of the lake whilst soaking up the unique atmosphere of Steam Yacht Gondola.
Our full lake cruise will take you all the way down from Coniston Pier through ‘the narrows’ to Lake Bank at the southern end of the lake and back up via Parkamoor, Brantwood and Monk Coniston at the northern end.
On the way, you’ll hear about Coniston’s famous connections from our crew. Their commentary brings to life the history of this lake with tales about:
- Donald Campbell and his pursuit of the world water speed record
- the places that Arthur Ransome wrote about in Swallows and Amazons (you’ll pass by ‘Wild Cat Island’ and other famous landmarks on your cruise)
- the legacy of John Ruskin’s work and his life at Brantwood
- the development of Coniston village from mining town to tourist centre
- the colourful history of Gondola and how she was rescued from a watery grave on the lake bed
The cruise lasts approximately 105 minutes and departs from Coniston Pier on weekdays at 2.30pm, and on weekends at 11am.
Full lake cruise - Adult: £20.50, Child: £10, Family: £51 (2 adults, 3 children)
Lake Bank walkers' cruise - Adult: £11, Child: £5.50, Family: £27.50
Parkamoor walkers' cruise - Adult: £15, Child: £8, Family: £38 (the price includes a return sailing from Brantwood jetty to Coniston pier)
Buying your tickets online?
Your online ticket guarantees you space on your preferred sailing.
Select the 'Full Lake Cruise' ticket for the full cruise or select the appropriate walkers' ticket if you are disembarking to do the Lake Bank or Parkamoor walks on the weekend cruises.