Things to see & do
Explore Hadrian's Wall World Heritage Site
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
- Admiring the dark skies at night
- Taking a walk alongside the Wall
- Experiencing what life was like at the Roman Fort
- Our fantastic range of events
- Enjoying a range of refreshments in the visitor centre
- Spotting otters and deers
- Seeing where part of 'Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves' was filmed
- Trying geocaching - the hunt is on for the boxes!
Are you an adventure seeker or a keen crafter? Either way, we may have something that's right up your alley.
Head underground on 14 December to learn about the history of Smallcleugh Mines stopping for a snack in the underground ballroom, or celebrate the Roman way with willow-weaving on 17 December.