Things to see & do
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Things to see and do
Heigham Holmes Wild Weekend
The annual Heigham Holmes Wild Weekend will be held on the 3 and 4 of August. This open weekend has a range of activities and family fun. Come and help us discover some new species for Heigham Holmes! Activities will include dyke dipping, moth trapping, bird watching, small mammal trapping, nestbox building and of course snail racing! Spaces are limited for the Saturday night. Admission is free on Sunday but please note some activities provided may be chargeable. Please see events for more details.
Mass flowering of buttercups, skylarks sing on high and the tumbling aerial displays of lapwing.<...
The sound of...
The buzz of insects, the quiet chewing of a water vole and the rustle of a lizard.
Butterflies flutter, hobbies hawk for dragonflies, marsh harriers feed their fledglings.
Pink footed & white-fronted geese return for winter. short-eared owls & calling cranes.
Things to remember
- Pre-booked group visits only to Heigham Holmes.
- There are no toilets or tearoom - bring a snack if you want to.
- It is much bigger than you think - be suited and booted for walking.
- The weather can change suddenly so be prepared.
- Bring binoculars and a camera - you never know what you might see.
- Heigham is part of a working farm - we may need to adjust our walk on occasion.
- On most events - sorry but dogs are not permitted - to reduce disturbance to livestock, wildlife and fellow visitors.