Lacock is the perfect destination for a day out with your family.
It's play time
Download our play leaflet (pdf) and have an adventure in the abbey grounds, inspired by nature and Lacock's stories.
Raining cats and dogs? Keep dry and visit the medieval cloisters and the abbey, enjoy one of the trails and help us find all the kittens in the rooms.
Learn all about the invention of photography in the Fox Talbot Museum from our brand new museum displays.
Alternatively pop on your wellies and raincoats and explore the abbey grounds. Hear the raindrops on the leaves and see who can make the biggest splash in the puddles.
Fun events for everybody
We have a full programme of family events and activities throughout the year, from outdoor theatre to festive Christmas fun.
Our family facilities checklist
- A children's play area in the village
- Plenty of places to play in the abbey grounds
- Nappy-changing facilities in all our toilets
- Hip seats for loan at the abbey (sorry no pushchairs on first floor)
- Family trails for you to enjoy
- Kid's lunch menu available at the Stables tea-room
- Year-round events and activities for families
- Wildlife spotter sheets for each season
- Rope swing and stepping logs in the woodland garden
- Magnifying posts in the grounds
Our top 10 for a fun family day out at Lacock
Play hide and seek
Play hide and seek in the abbey's woodland grounds.
Cast a spell
Challenge someone to a wizard duel in the abbey cloisters.
Get a closer look
Pick up a leaf, stick or a pebble and find the magnifying posts dotted around the grounds to get a closer look at your treasures.
Give a tree a hug
See who can find the biggest tree - just give it a hug and see how far around your arms will reach.
Play pooh sticks
Challenge each other to a game of pooh sticks on the pack horse bridge in Lacock Village.
Get hands on
Have a go at the hands-on activities dotted around the abbey.
Become an explorer
Explore the abbey grounds to find our willow tunnel to play in.
Get on the trail
Take part in family trails both inside the abbey and around the abbey grounds, there is a new one every month.
Have a woodland adventure
Can you find the rope swing and stepping logs in the woodland garden?