The village is ideal for groups, with plenty of shops, food outlets and buildings full of character.
Lacock is a real, living community, which is what makes this place so special to visit.
Discover the atmosphere of 800 years of history in one fascinating building.
Your group can choose to visit the whole abbey (cloisters and rooms) or opt to simply explore the medieval cloisters.
Groups must book in advance if planning to visit the abbey during their visit.
Lacock Abbey grounds
You can have a wonderful day with your group in the grounds of Lacock Abbey.
See magnificent trees, seasonal borders, the apple orchard and the rose garden.
Fox Talbot Museum
The museum is a must if you're already interested in photography, and well worth a visit.
The upper gallery features a programme of fascinating exhibitions.
On the film trail
Lacock has featured in a number of film and television productions, making it a great place for filming-themed group visits.
Step into a film set
Harry Potter fans can marvel at the magical architecture of the abbey cloisters, which feature in two of the films. If costume dramas are your thing you can search for Mr Darcy or the ladies of Cranford in the village - the BBC productions of both adaptations were filmed here.
Other silver screen moments
Other filming at Lacock includes The Other Boleyn Girl, Wolfman, The Mayor of Casterbridge, The Woman in Black, Tom Brown's School Days, Emma and Moll Flanders.
Education groups of all ages and interests will find Lacock a great place to inspire learning.
We're able to cater for the majority of requests, with most visits being self-led by teachers or group leaders. Where possible, we can provide tailored visits by advance discussion, please ring 01249 730459 to find out more.
Top tips for planning your group visit
- Book ahead for group visits to the abbey, grounds and museum
- Plan ahead by downloading our village guide
- Arrive early to park your coach in our coach park
- Avoid parking coaches or picking up passengers in the village
- Arrange to drop off and pick up coach passengers outside the museum
- Pre-book for meals with the individual village businesses
- Remind your group to respect the privacy of Lacock residents
- Ensure that you've 15 or more people to receive group rate admission
Contacts for groups
- Lacock abbey, grounds and Fox Talbot Museum - 01249 730227
- National Trust tea-room - 01249 730824
- National Trust shop - 01249 730302
- Car and motorbike clubs - 01249 730141
- Special events and activities - 01249 730884
- Education visits - 01249 730459
- Membership information - 0844 800 1895